Weirder things have happened!
Pennsylvania and Maryland have been bitching over a border dispute for years. It started when The Pennsylvania Charter of 1681 laid out some boundaries that were apparently inaccurate, so Maryland’s been fighting it ever since.
When John Wright made a ferry to cross the Susquehanna River this year, Pennsylvanians started inhabiting the disputed land. To challenge Wright, a Maryland guy named Thomas Cresap built his own ferry nearby. Maryland granted Cresap ownership over the disputed land and he’s making everyone living there pay up.
The disputed territory is only a 28 mile strip.
These selfish bitches need to learn some manners and share!
- scaryconfusedrelief likes this
- ----livelaughlove--- likes this
- sortrature likes this
- immature-romanticism reblogged this from perezhamilton
- sleeponsleepon reblogged this from perezhamilton
- orderoftaraka reblogged this from squallleon
- squallleon reblogged this from perezhamilton
- squallleon likes this
- jesuisgenevoise said: Via ancestry.com, I found out that my great x a bajillion Uncle Malachi was a witness to the dispute between Lord Baltimore and William Penn in the 1700’s over the same issue.
- andrewg616 reblogged this from perezhamilton
- anotherdamnsoprano likes this
- czlowiek-turcyj likes this
- texaschainsawmascaraxx likes this
- hieromancer likes this
- scarlett-oharas-drinkingproblem reblogged this from perezhamilton
- vern0412 reblogged this from perezhamilton
- wentdog likes this
- perezhamilton posted this