And that’s why you don’t eff with the King of England!! LOL.
During all the drama between the Boston revolt, New England and New France going to war and King James II being overthrown, German-American Jacob Leisler seized control of New York and ruled it against the wishes of the new King William III. In response, KWIII sent a new governor to NY, but he didn’t get there for a couple years because he was
lazy delayed by bad weather.
After an awkward stand-off resulting in words along the lines of, “You’re not governor, I am!” and, “No, bitch, NY is mine!” Jacob Leisler was finally arrested by the REAL governor and sentenced to death.
This is riDICKulous. You can’t just steal New York and expect to get away with it!!!!
If it was THAT easy, don’t you think we’d have stolen it loooong ago?? Where else can you get the best food and fashion in America??!
- total-todd-review reblogged this from perezhamilton
- lightthiscandle likes this
- becoming--brina likes this
- of-house-tyrell reblogged this from perezhamilton
- of-house-tyrell likes this
- fritesandfries likes this
- alex3-14 reblogged this from perezhamilton and added:
- hughbot likes this
- perezhamilton posted this